The Value Added Tax (VAT) will be active in UAE and other GCC countries from 2018, we understand how important it is to get prepared for it.The Value Added Tax (VAT) will be active in UAE and other GCC countries from 2018, We understand how important it is to get prepared for it.
The Ministry of Finance, UAE has proposed businesses to get started with the process of VAT registration. Since the companies and individuals will be dealing with the value added tax for the first time, we have provided below our understanding VAT Registration in UAE will be an online process using e-services. The official website of the Ministry of Finance, UAE will be offering e-service for the businesses to get registered. The VAT certificate will be posted to the companies after the issue.
- Visit the official site of the Ministry of Finance at https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/
- Click the option for VAT certificate to reach a new page.
- Follow the option of ‘Start Service’ by clicking it.
- Complete the registration process and create your unique login id and password.
- As you succeed with the userid and password creation, you can now login and reach the customer landing page.
- Click the option for ‘Create a new tax request’.
- Fill up all the required details at the next step.
- After submitting the details, you will be directed to the payment gateway.
- You may pay the online fees for VAT registration procedure in Dubai using e-Dirham G2 cards, non-dirham cards, and e-wallet.
VAT Registration Fee Payment:
As the registration procedure is online, it is mandatory to pay the fees online before completing the procedure. And once it is paid, you will get an acknowledgement or confirmation receipt.The value added tax will be charged at the 5% rate on all the goods and services except food items, health and medical services. When the first phase of the implementation is rolled out, very small businesses will be exempted from the VAT.